• Owen Plotkin founded and curated The Electrical Retrospectacle 1998-2006
A film series that presented avant garde (experimental,underground,personal and poetic) films projected in 16mm and selected from the extensive catalogues of the Museum of Modern Art Circulating Film and Video Library,the Film makers Cooperative NYC,Canyon Cinema, The Pacific Film Archive (now the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive Library), The Donnell Library Center at 53rd Street (sadly closed in 2008) and private collections.
• Owen Plotkin collaborated on film/art performances with Mary Jordan and Tony Conrad at Performa 1999 and Jordan’s Parthenogenesis at the Box and Canal Room in 2005.
• Owen Plotkin apprenticed with sculptor/welder Meyers Rohowsky and studied painting with Emily Sturkie.
• Owen Plotkin is a self taught guitarist, he writes songs, sings and writes poetry. He studies voice with renowned composer singer and voice teacher Marisa Michelson.
• Owen Plotkin practices TM. However he does not levitate.
• Owen Plotkin founded Hungrr,LLC in 2005 to help raise awareness to the facts and issues surrounding hunger in the USA.
• Owen Plotkin’s net art exhibited:
Cyber Kitchen 2002 and
FILE Festival 2004 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Electronic Language International Festival. and
HTML Color Codes, September, 2009,Curated by Carolyn Kane for Rhizome/New Museum and
Soundlab New Media Fest 2010
• Owen Plotkin earned an MFA from NYU Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film and Television,Studied coding at NYU Center for Advanced Technology in Multimedia.Attended Hartford School of the Arts, The Hartt School, western and contemporary music history.
• Owen Plotkin Co-Founded film editing company – the now corporation in 2003 and serves as chief officer.
• Owen Plotkin’s tv and radio commercial voiceover work led to his membership in SAG AFTRA.
owen plotkin commercial work now corp
Art and Activism links: